DESCRIPTIONWhite Mountain, located northeast of Beijing, in Jilin Province, China, is an underground mine using sub-level and cut-and-fill stoping mining methods. Eldorado owns 95% of White Mountain and our joint venture partner Jilin Tonghua Institute of Geology and Minerals Exploration and Development holds the remaining 5%.
White Mountain began commercial production in January 2009. In 2010, White Mountain produced 62,133 ounces of gold at a cash operating cost of $487 per ounce.
In 2012, White Mountain plans to process 725,000 tonnes of ore at 4.00 g/t Au.
Capital expenditures for 2012 are estimated to be $15.0 million; major items will be underground development and raising of the tailings dam wall.
White Mountain Mine, China
First gold was poured two months ahead of schedule in October 2008, only four years after the ore body was discovered by Sino Gold and only 14 months after construction commenced. In December 2009 Sino Gold was acquired by Eldorado Gold. The White Mountain Gold Operating Permit (issued on 20 February 2008) is valid to 20 February 2018.
SGX Scheme Booklet 2009 (PDF)
White Mountain Technical Report 2007 (PDF)
Last update: December 17, 2012.