DESCRIPTIONJinfeng is an open-pit and underground gold mine. In 2012, the mine plans to process 1.38 million tonnes of ore at a grade of 3.25 g/t Au. 352,000 tonnes of ore will come from the open pit as we are currently completing a phased cutback; 523,000 tonnes will come from underground, and the remainder from existing stockpiles). Capital spending in 2012 will be approximately $50 million and will include capitalized waste stripping, underground development, and plant improvement projects.
Eldorado owns an 82% interest in Jinfeng with local joint-venture partner Guizhou Lannigou Gold Mine Limited holding the remaining 18%.
Jinfeng Mine, China
In 2001, the Jinfeng deposit was acquired by Sino Gold, who commenced construction in February 2005 and achieved commercial gold production in September 2007. In December 2009, Sino Gold was acquired by Eldorado Gold. The Jinfeng Gold Operating Permit (issued on 25 December 2006) is valid to 25 December 2016.
Jinfeng Technical Report 2011 (PDF)
SGX Scheme Booklet 2009 (PDF)
Jinfeng Technical Report 2007 (PDF)
Last update: December 17, 2012.